Akebia Medical Information
Akebia Medical Affairs is committed to providing current, accurate, and timely information in response to genuine unsolicited medical or scientific inquiries regarding our marketed and/or investigational products. The Akebia Medical Information Call Center is available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Phone: (844) 445-3799
To report an adverse event or product complaint, please call: (844) 445-3799, Option 2.
Global Medical Education Support
At Akebia, we are dedicated to supporting high-quality, independent, balanced and scientifically rigorous medical education, including accredited Continuing Medical Education programs, as well as other educational programs and/or the dissemination of educational information or materials to healthcare professionals, patients and other appropriate audiences.
Requests for funding of medical education support should be submitted at least 60 days in advance of a program or event. Upon review by the Akebia Medical Grant Review Committee, you will be informed of our decision. Please note that not all requests can be honored.
Akebia will comply with federal and state laws governing reporting transfers of value to healthcare professionals and healthcare organizations and to comply with these laws, we may require information from program sponsors.
To submit a medical education grant request:
1. Download and complete the Akebia Global Medical Education Grant Request application
2. Email the following to email@example.com:
- Completed Akebia Global Medical Education Grant Request application
- Evidence of non-profit or tax-exempt status
– U.S. Applicants: IRS tax determination letter or Form 990
– Non-US Applicants: government issued document from the local tax authority confirming non-profit/charity status
- Detailed, line-item budget (Note: Akebia funds cannot be used to provide meals, travel or other transfers of value for attendees)
- W-9 (U.S. Applicants)
- W-8 (Non-U.S. Applicants)
- Current medical education accreditation certificate, if applicable
- Additional supporting documents (e.g., letter of request, detailed program description, needs assessment, program agenda, and evaluation/outcomes plan)
For questions, please contact the medical education grant administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Akebia recognizes that independent research, such as Investigator-Sponsored Research (ISR), has the potential to contribute to science and medicine as well as improve the treatment of disease, patient outcomes, and the quality of healthcare.
Research grants support independently initiated research that is aligned with our clinical and non-clinical areas of interest and intended to contribute knowledge to the medical community. In general, research grants include clinical research, non-clinical research, registries and other datasets intended to explore a scientific hypothesis or question.
Current Areas of Interest
- Studies to further describe and characterize the mechanism of action of Auryxia (ferric citrate)
- Effect of Auryxia on markers of anemia and/or mineral bone disorder across stages of CKD including different modalities of dialysis therapy
- Impact of Auryxia on health economics, outcomes and patient/caregiver burden in CKD
- Broadening the knowledge of the impact of iron deficiency anemia and hyperphosphatemia on patient outcomes and current treatment practice patterns
How to Apply
A committee will review proposals on a regular basis based on numerous criteria including scientific merit availability of support, safety, legal, regulatory, and ethical considerations. Akebia may provide funding and other forms of support, such as clinical trial materials or drug to institutions with academic and/or community-based scientists and clinicians. Akebia does not provide grants to individuals.
To submit a Research Grant Proposal:
1. Download and complete the Proposal Form.
2. Download and complete the ISR Investigator Qualification Form.
3. Email the completed Proposal Form along with any supporting documentation, including the principal investigator’s Curriculum Vitae, a copy of his or her medical license or equivalent, Investigator Qualification Form, and W-9 or W-8 for ex-US investigators to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recognize that many patients today face financial obstacles that keep them from accessing important medications. We believe these medications should be available to every patient who needs them. In the United States, we have put in place a patient services program that provides one-on-one support to help communicate individual benefits and available resources.
For more information about our AkebiaCares program, please call (855) 686-8601 or visit the AkebiaCares webpage.